7/6/2019
We arrived yesterday near Camp Chaparral at around 4 in the afternoon, I have never gone camping before so I was excited. The place was very beautiful, grassy and lots of tall white flowers, and we could hear the Klickitat River. A lot of people were very relieved that there was a portable bathroom near the camp. I had a lot of trouble setting up my tent so I had to have Alex and Xavier help me set it up. I don’t like where I set up my tent, I tried to set it up in a patch that didn’t have a lot of vegetation but as I have to walk towards my tent I displace a lot of bugs. I felt bad when I walked through the grass because all of the grasshoppers looked like they were fleeing from me, next time I’ll choose a place near the camp. Next I helped unload all the items from the back of the truck and set up in preparation for dinner. For dinner I helped Monet make spaghetti, I really like cooking so I wanted to be involved. The evening winded down from then and some people played the games provided and the others started the camp fire. I fell asleep around 9, missed the s’mores, and woke up at 11:30, the wind made the night even colder than it was and I wished that I had brought a blanket. From then on I had a restless night constantly waking up till I finally dragged myself out of bed at 4:30 and got ready for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog